The course introduces students to textile printing techniques.The course will be developed in five parts:
Students learn historical, theoretical and practical aspects of various printing techniques and how to apply them to different textiles, both in handcraft and industrial levels.
- Research and development of printing patterns
- developing/burnout frames
- printing and dying colours
- silkscreen, rotary, transfer, sublimation and digital printing
- textile decoration techniques: shibori/tie and die, batik, stencil, block, airbrush, freehand painting